There is nothing quite like a floral display to add a touch of love and warmth to a room. Receiving a glorious bouquet of flowers definitely puts a smile on our face and since it’s February, our thoughts turn to Valentine’s Day, romance and that special someone in our life. With this is mind, why not visit Vietnam Flower Network, who offer a great range of Valentine’s Day Flowers.
So when that special someone in your life gives you a big bunch of fabulous red roses this weekend and has that silly grin on their face that asks – “Did I do good?”, you can give them a winsome smile and let them know how much you love and care for them.
Try These Tips to make your Valentines day Flowers last longer
The love that you receive on Valentine’s Day can indeed last a lifetime. Don’t you wish those romantic roses you receive did too? So when you receive your Valentine’s Day flowers, here are a few tips to keep them looking fresh and beautiful for as long as possible:
1. Before you start, make sure that your vase is clean. Then remove any leaves from the lower part of the stems that will be submerged in the water.
2. Trim about 1cm from the end of each stem, at a 45o angle and do this under water. This stops air getting into the stem and makes it easier for the flowers to draw fresh water into their stems.
3. Re-trim the ends of the stems every day or so, to keep the ends fresh.
4. Give your flowers the right nutrients to keep them fresh and healthy for longer. Some florists include little packets of flower food with each bouquet. Make sure to use it. Add one packet of flower food every time you refresh the water – either daily or every second day.
5. Lastly, add a few drops of bleach to the water to help keep the water clean. Remember, only a couple of drops or you will damage the flowers.
More Pro tips to Keep Valentine’s Day Flowers Blooming
Fresh Flowers need just the right temperature to remain vibrant and blooming. Avoid placing your Valentine’s day roses directly under the air conditioner, in direct sunlight, or near a heat source. Natural indoor lighting works just fine for your flowers as long as you’re following the tips we’ve listed above.
Most important of all, make sure to wash the vase clean with soapy and dry it thoroughly each time you want to replace the water. This will help get rid of the bacterial growth and help your flowers stay fresh longer.
That’s the secret to keeping your Valentine’s Day flowers in tip top shape for as long as possible. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Read this blog post to learn more about how to match your sentiments with the right flower types of colours.